I want to move to Finland to live with my Finnish spouse. Do we have to get married?

You do not have to get married.

It is possible to get a residence permit if you have a cohabiting partner. You and your cohabiting partner must either have lived together for at least two years in a marriage-like relationship or have a child in your joint custody.

More information about the requirements

TE Office

Finnish Immigration Service

Was this infor­mation useful?